Sure, it might be chilly. The glow of the New Year might be fading ever so slightly. But there’s plenty to be excited about. Here are some of the things that are getting my heart racing right now:
1. Butter London’s fabulous orchid nail polish is the perfect way to get your toes feeling Spring-y (even if it’ll take the weather a little while to catch up). It’s the fab nail polish company’s nod to the Pantone color of the year for 2014 (which happens to be called Radiant Orchid. That sounds like a happy color, doesn’t it?)
2. Chantecaille’s mascara is my new fave. When I ran out recently, I passed over the opportunity to buy any other kind and, instead waited until I could get more of it. (I just realized they sell it on Net-A-Porter! Perfect excuse to add a little something to your shopping cart, if you ask me.) Not only is it a fabulous mascara, which leaves your lashes looking perfectly presentable, it smells ever-so-faintly of rosewater. That scent puts a little smile on my face every morning when I catch a whiff. And now, no other mascara will do.
3. How fun are these pom pom sandals? Perfect for your Spring getaway (and to show off your purple pedicure!)!
4. This fab jaquard sweatshirt had me at hello. It looks great with both pants and shorts. And it’s perfect layered over a white button-down shirt. In other words, it looks festive while serving as necessary warmth. What more could you ask?
5. Chanel’s Spring/Summer 2014 collection was full of rainbows, and they are inhabiting my dreams right now. Even if I never own a piece of their fabulosity, the prismatic patterns make me gleeful every time I catch a glimpse of them.
6. Finally, my favorite movie of the season. And, yep, it happens to be the latest offering from Disney, Frozen. I loved it so much, that we saw it twice over the holidays! The pictures are gorgeous, the music is amazing, and the story is just the kind I love. It’s about two sisters (who are each powerful and spunky in their own ways). And it has an empowering message, which is exactly what I want from a princess movie (none of this wait-for-the-prince-to-save-you b.s., thank you very much). If you haven’t seen it, take your favorite kids (or just yourself!) this weekend. You’ll love it!
1. Butter London nail polish / 2. Chantecaille Mascara / 3. Pom Pom Sandals / 4. J. Crew Jaquard sweatshirt (and, frankly, the whole outfit they’ve conjured around it) / 5. Chanel’s SS14 Rainbows / 6. Frozen (the movie)