I have to admit that I love contemplating gifts for friends and family. I love scheming and planning; imagining what they might like to receive. Here are gifts I’d love to give. . . or get this season.
1. I have a thing for criss-crossed backs on workout attire these days. This bra is perfectly functional, while being perfectly cute to spy when you’re working out.
2. Who doesn’t love a party shoe? I can’t think of anyone. And this shoe is neutral enough to go with just about anything (from dresses to jeans) and joyous enough to add flair to any outfit.
3. Andy Cohen’s books are pure romps through the life of a man who has the life you imagine you’d have if you lived in New York City and was friends with A-listers from SJP to Anderson Cooper. I picked up his latest book, Superficial, this weekend, and it is just what I needed to escape from the madness of post-election 2016.
4. This change purse makes me want to carry a change purse. It also makes me smile every time I think about it. It also has a big sister in the form of this purse, which also makes me smile and contemplate carrying an elephant everywhere I go. They are the perfect gifts for a fashionista with a flair for the creative or anyone who loves a quirky accessory.
6. Thich Nhat Hanh is a master of mindfulness. His books are among my favorites in the entire world. This new book of autobiographical essays is sure to inspire and enlighten.
7. Ah, the piece de resistance. The handbag that would complete any wardrobe and would be sure to spin the head of just about any woman on your gifting list. I would flip if this bag were waiting for me under the tree. Santa, I hope you’re listening!
8. Diptyque candles are wonderful hostess gifts, and this limited edition Festive Fir Tree scent is the perfect way to help your host or hostess greet the holidays. It’s holiday heaven in a metallic green glass case. (And it also comes in this mini version.)